Wednesday, January 11, 2012

THE TRAIN KEEPS CHUGGING

Well, I went to my first "real" practice deposition the other day. It was practice, but I treated it as if it were real. Once I got home, I started editing my transcripts as if I were going to submit them for real. This was definitely a process, but I loved every minute of it. I turned in my completed transcripts to my potential "employer", so now I must wait and see.

Oh, let me back up and explain. One day, my daughter's best friend texted me and said that her aunt is a court reporter and owns her own agency. I got in contact with her aunt, Gwen, and that's where I'm at now. I'm hoping to hear back from her soon and start doing some independent contract work for her.

I'm going to take the RPR again in May, and I'm pretty sure I will pass it. I'm also going to do some sit-in work at the Cumberland County Courthouse. Again, just practice, but one day, I will be officially a worker bee in this field.

I think that's about it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment